To sign up, email Karla Carcamo at
The CSIF is a member-driven organization and therefore relies heavily on the volunteer support of our community. Whether you want to get your Production Membership volunteer hours in, or just want to help out, we will happily find you something fun to do!
We need volunteers so that:
Advantages to volunteering:
- We can make exciting programs happen in our community.
- We can keep our programs and equipment access affordable.
- We can spend more money on artists.
- Ensure that our programs and the growth of our organization remain relevant to the film-loving community that we serve—you.
- Discounts on equipment rentals for our most dedicated volunteers.
- Further discounts on annual programming.
- Free admission to the events you volunteer for.
- Increased input into what the CSIF does now and into the future.
- Opportunity to form relationships with people with similar interests and goals with yourself.
- Help build a stronger film community and develop emerging talent.
Programming Events (Member screenings, Classic Film Screenings, $100 Film Festival etc)
- pre-show promotions (putting up posters, sending e-mails)
- concession (making popcorn and selling drinks)
- ticket sales
- documentation (photo/video)
- setup/ takedown
- event posters/ branding
- general CSIF promotions
- advertising designs
- swag design/ implementation
- database setup and entry
- resource & film library organization
- data entry
- helping with large-scale mail-outs (envelope labeling, stuffing and stamping)
- communications implementation
- writing articles for our quarterly Answer Print Journal
- writing blog posts for our Programming/ Production / $100 Film Festival blogs
- creating video content for the blogs
COMMITTEE WORK (longer term volunteer commitment)
Volunteers are welcome to more than one committee if they so desire. Committee members work in collaboration with CSIF board members and staff to create an annual plan and make decisions in regards to implementing that plan. There may also be one-time tasks created as part of working on these committees, which can be divided between committee members, staff and volunteers.
Financial/ Fund-raising Committee
$100 Film Festival Committee
CSIF Board of Directors